Vandy will be at the SC Book Fest May 14-15 at the Passionate Writer Publishing Booth.
Vandy (b September 17, 1981) is a new novelist on the scene that hails from Columbia, SC. She currently lives in Rock Hill, SC and likes to write about places she has been all over the world. Growing up, Vandy always loved to read books and write poetry. Vandy was first inspired to write romance novels when she was in her senior year in college. In these stories, big named authors became her inspiration and comforters through life as she became a woman.
In 2011, Vandy released her down-to-earth story about a young woman named Patience in A Patience to Love and a collection of erotic fiction stories called Twisted: Stories of Love, Sex and Betrayal. Vandy is currently working on the sequel to A Patience to Love, Twisted and a tell-all book about relationships.
Excerpt from Twisted: Released Inhibitions
Another lonely night. How many more times is she going to go through this? Mariah thought as she reclined back on her bed looking at the ceiling. For seven long years she put up with D’Angelo’s lying and scheming ass. How many more times was she going to sit at home and wait for him to show up?
Mariah signed as she sat up and looked out the window. D’Angelo was supposed to have been there an hour ago. After all, it was their anniversary. Mariah surmised he was probably out getting his dick wet. Who was it this time? She caught him so many times she lost count. Sad part was that she never really left him. At least not long enough to make it matter. The main culprit of the cheating had been by ghetto baby mother named Keisha. Why did there always have to be a “Keisha” involved in somebody’s drama?
Last year around this time, Keisha accidentally got pregnant with DJ, WHO TOOK THE NAME OF HIS FATHER. Mariah always envisioned giving D’Angelo his first son and using DJ or Junior as a nickname for their child. That fact alone almost infuriated her as much as finding D’Angelo and Tricia behind his workplace. D’Angelo couldn’t lie his way out of having Tricia’s mouth around his member. Sometimes a woman can live in denial until she sees it with her own eyes.
1. What inspires you as a writer? What inspires me is the liberation of women and the smiles that show on their faces when they read my writing and say that they enjoy the empowerment of my characters and how realistic they are.
2. When did you have that ah ha moment when you knew you were a writer? That moment occurred when a fellow coworker began proof reading my writing and he would jump out of his seat halfway through a chapter to tell me how great it was. I knew my work was worth submitting.
3. What is your writing process? Simply, just writing as if I were watching a movie. When I write, I speak in naturally in order for the readers to follow along with the story. Too much thinking and stopping through the process will hinder fluid scenes and drama.
4. Tell us about your favorite character and why you chose to write about them? My favorite character is Patience from “A Patience to Love” because she embodies the average woman that is hard-working and trying to make it in her twenties. She has desires and issues from her past that can often hinder her desires. I wrote about her because I felt that a face needed to be placed to that woman that craves love and affection, but does not always get it.
5. What are you currently working on? Currently, I am working on a sequel to the new collection of erotic stories called “Twisted: Released Inhibitions” and the sequel to Patience’s story called “Pain Before Pleasure”. Both books have been requested by readers of previous stories.
6. Any upcoming events? At this time, there is a South Carolina Book Fair that is in Columbia in May and local book signings in the works.
7. If you could be anyone you like, who would you be? Myself. Becoming someone else creates a world where you take on their problems along with their fortunes.
8. Do you have any advice for new writers and something that a seasoned vet can learn? Don’t let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do. If you love to write and that is in your heart, that’s something that cannot be taken away from you. Also, do not let life’s circumstances block your blessings.
9. Where can your followers find you? I am on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Myspace, BlackPlanet, Blogspot, and email@example.com and most importantly readers can find me at www.authorvandy.webs.com.
10. Any last words? Aspiring writers should know that if they publish a book and one person buys that book and says that it is great… That’s enough. You have blessed that one person.
Thank you Vandy for letting us get to know a little more about you. Vandy's books are available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon in hard copy or electronic format. Get yours today. I have already downloaded mine. Getting read to find out what The Set Up is all about!
The Golden Penhttp://thegoldenpenreview.blogspot.com/