Welcome

Thank you for stopping by The Golden Pen Review, a blog dedicated to promoting authors, giving marketing tips, and publishing insight.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missing in Action

Hello all. Please forgive me for not posting lately. My writing was calling me and I had to answer. Sometimes my Muse gets beside herself and barely gives me any room to eat, shower, and tend to the kiddies let alone actually write anything other than what she desires.

Well if you missed it the Decatur Book Fest was a very successful event for the authors and readers in attendance. Even with the threat of a storm on Sunday, people came out in the thousands to show support. I stopped by the Passionate Writer Publishing tent, nice display as always, and met fellow authors Kane, Julius Thompson, Omegia Keeys, and a children's author Tiffany A. Flowers.

Debra Gaynor owner of Readers Favorite was out and about meeting the authors. If you have not submitted your book for one of their reviews, what the heck are you waiting on? This is a nationally recognized company who has done reviews for the likes of James Patterson and for publishing companies such as Random House, and guess what the Independent Author as well!

Okay back to the fest itself. This is a must. If you are thinking about doing an event this should be top on your list. From the sounding of the fest with the drummer signaling the Kiddie Parade is about to commence to the thousands of people in attendance, this is the place to be. Believe me I know, as I have attended several lackluster festivals.

More upcoming events this year:

Baltimore Book Fest, Sept 23-25
Southern Festival of Books in Nashville, TN, Oct 14-16
Miami International Book Fair, Nov 18-20

Now you can't say you didn't know about them. If you can't attend this year why not mark it on your calendar for next year? Go ahead get that exposure.

The Golden Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment